Zakat and Sadaqat Centre
Circular number: 26
Date: 2 Jumada al-Thani 1437 AH [11 March 2016 CE]
In the name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful
To the farmer brothers and owners of harvesters and threshers:
We ask you to adhere to the following instructions:
1. Cooperation with the committees assigned by the Zakat and Sadaqat offices and receiving the forms particular to the harvesting of agricultural crops.
2. Filling the form with the required information without manipulation or concealment.
3. Handing over the form to the Zakat workers when requested without obstruction.
4. We note that it is forbidden for any harvester or thresher owner to harvest any land before it is confirmed that the owner of the land possesses a stamped form from the Zakat office.
5. We ask our people in the countryside areas to cooperate with the Zakat offices on account of the benefit it entails for the Muslims and preservation of the right of their poor brothers from Zakat, and they should inform on all who refrain from fulfilling the obligation of Zakat for any harvester owner harvesting for those who do not have harvesting forms.
6. All who violate these instructions will be referred to the court to be dealt with.
We hope all will adhere to and comply with the instructions and contribute to establishing one of the pillars of the religion.
Diwan al-Zakat Official
Abu Qatada al-Shami.